Get reliable information about financial services
(NC)—The next time you have a question about one of the many financial services offered to the public, the answer is likely on the website of the provincial regulator, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO). Go to www.fsco.gov.on.ca.
Perhaps you want to know something specific about auto insurance or accident benefit dispute resolution services, a mortgage brokerage, a credit union, about loan and trust corporations, dispute resolution services, or about the regulations governing pension plans. From the home page, locate the topic and click on any number of consumer friendly tools to better understand the service and your rights. Here's a snapshot of the tools available:
• Nine tips that could help you save money on your auto insurance
• What to do after an auto accident: a handy checklist to keep in your glove box
• Tips to avoid auto insurance fraud
• How to get auto insurance forms
• How to resolve a complaint about your insurance
• Answers to frequently asked questions about supplementary travel medical insurance
• Find out the difference between a mortgage agent and a broker
• Check to see if your mortgage broker or agent is licensed in Ontario
• Questions to ask your employer about your registered pension plan
• Get information about locked-in retirement accounts
• How to submit a complaint about a credit union
The FSCO website also provides more information about the function of the regulator, which includes protecting consumers by monitoring, investigating, and taking enforcement action where warranted.
Word count: 247
Attention Editors: These articles are for distribution in Ontario only.
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «76813H.jpg»