Quick tips for the best looking house on the block
(NC) – You can't judge a book by its cover but when it comes to making a powerful impact, first impressions count. So after a long Canadian winter, check and see if the curb appeal of your home leaves something to be desired.
What's the first step to boosting the beauty of your home? Pay attention to the details, says Phil Dorner, president of the Ontario Real Estate Association.
Dorner recommends taking a close look at your property and using this handy questionnaire to make your home the belle of the block:
• Does your property need tidying?
• Do you need to clear away any debris or dead vegetation?
• Does the exterior of your home or your fence need painting?
• Do you need to replace or repair the hardware on your home, like the mailbox, door hinges, ripped window/door screens?
• How does your roof look? Do any shingles need repair or replacement?
• Does your siding need to be power washed?
• Do your windows need cleaning?
• Have you prepared your garden for spring/summer planting?
The outside of a home speaks volumes about what the inside may look like. Often potential buyers won't get past the front door if the outside of a home looks run down or shabby. Be sure to speak to a Realtor for additional tips and practical advice on how to get your home looking its best.
Attention Editors: These articles are for distribution in Ontario only
Word count: 226
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «76553H.jpg»