How to get through airport security faster
(NC) Are you flying somewhere warm this winter? Start your sunny escape with stress-free security screening at the airport. The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) recommends these tips to make getting through the security checkpoint quicker and easier:
• Pack your sunscreen and all other liquids, aerosols, and gels in your checked baggage. If you need to bring some of these items in your carry-on bag, they must be in containers of 100mL or less and packed together in a clear, resealable 1L plastic bag.
• On your travel day, avoid wearing clothing with metal buttons and snaps, and dress comfortably with easy-to-remove outwear, belts and shoes.
At the airport
• Have your boarding pass out and ready to show the screening officer.
• Put your sunglasses in the bin carefully so that they do not fall out during screening.
• Remove everything from your pockets and put the contents in a bin before going through the metal detector.
More information is available online at catsa.gc.ca and from your mobile device at m.catsa.gc.ca. You can also follow CATSA on Twitter (@catsa_gc).
Word count: 168
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «79694H.jpg»