Indulge in holiday decadence without the added calories
(NC)–Delight your guests this holiday season with this delicious yet surprisingly guilt-free tiramisu. Ideal to take along to either work or family parties, this Italian delicacy is a great, time-saving dessert that can be prepared up to eight hours in advance and served as needed. Lightly sweetened with naturally-sourced stevia, it's the perfect way to sensibly indulge in the season.
Makes 2 servings
Ingredients:1/2 cup (125 mL) warm, strong coffee
9 packets or 4 1/2 tsp Pure Via Turbinado Raw Cane sugar and stevia blend sweetener
1/2 cup (125 mL) part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared light whipped topping
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
8 crisp ladyfingers
1 tsp (5 mL) unsweetened cocoa
1. Combine coffee and one packet of Pure Via Turbinado. Stir until the sweetener is dissolved. Let coffee cool until lukewarm.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together ricotta cheese, whipped topping, the additional Pure Via Turbinado sweetener and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Place coffee in shallow bowl. Dip four of the ladyfingers into coffee and let stand about five seconds.
4. Remove and place two ladyfingers side by side on a plate for each tiramisu. Spread each tiramisu with 1/4 of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) of the cocoa. Repeat dipping and layering. Discard any remaining coffee.
5. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, at least two and up to eight hours before serving.
Nutritional information per serving:
• Calories: 264
• Total fat: 8g
• Cholesterol: 49 mg
• Sodium: 124 mg
• Carbohydrates: 42 g
• Protein: 10 g
Note that stevia, the sweetener in Pure Via, is also known as steviol glycosides. Additional calorie-reduced holiday recipes are available at www.purevia.ca.
Word count: 293
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «79489H.jpg»