Issues Online
Feb  Mar  Apr  May
Search Tips

Narrow your search results by using '&' or 'AND' between keywords

Use quotes to search for phrases such headlines eg. "this is the headline"

Also try a Google search of our site

Restreignez et centralisez votre recherche en utilisant “&” ou “ET” entre les mots”

Utilisez les guillemets pour rechercher des expressions et titres précis, par exemple. "c'est le titre"

Utilisez aussi l’outil de recherche Google pour notre site.


Get your tax refund faster with direct deposit

(NC) Imagine waking up to find your income tax refund has been deposited into your bank account automatically—no waiting for a cheque, no walking to the mail box and no driving to the bank. With direct deposit for tax refunds and other federal payments, that scenario can be yours.

The federal government is increasing its use of direct deposit by phasing out federal government cheques by April 2016. The sooner you enrol, the faster you can start getting your money. Direct deposit applies to all federal government payments such as income tax refunds, GST/HST tax credits, Child Tax Benefits, Universal Child Care Benefits and Old Age Security payments.

There are three ways to enrol for direct deposit:

• You can visit, the Canada Revenue Agency's My Account site or use your Service Canada My Account to sign up.

• You can visit your bank where an agent can help you fill out a form. Most banks can provide enrolment forms.

• You may also receive an enrolment form with your cheques from time to time. If you need help filling out the form or would like to order one, call 1-800-O-Canada.

In order to direct a payment to your bank account, you'll need to provide your banking information or a void cheque. If you don't have cheques, or the account you choose isn't a chequing account, you can obtain the information by visiting any branch of your bank.

Word count: 226

Terms of Use

Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.

Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.

To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:

Click here for image file: «80365H.jpg»