Put the books down and pack your bags
(NC) March Break is a great time to relax and recharge before the final stretch of the school year. Before taking off for your adventures, there is one last thing that you should study: how to breeze through airport screening.
To help you pass the security checkpoint exam, the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) offers these useful lessons:
• Pick a comfortable travelling outfit. Refrain from wearing shoes with metal arches and belts with a metal buckle.
• Make sure all liquids exceeding 100 ml are packed into your checked baggage. Travel-size containers (100 ml or less) can be brought in carry-on bags. They need to be put in a 1-litre re-sealable clear bag.
• Ice skates are the only winter sports item that is allowed in your carry-on baggage. For bigger items, like snowboards, skis and hockey sticks, you will have to include them with your checked baggage.
• Pack your butane curling iron in your checked baggage. Electric blow-dryers, other curling irons and flat irons are permitted in your carry-on.
At the airport
• Be ready to present your boarding pass to the screening officer.
• Put sunglasses and everything in your jacket pockets and put your jacket in a bin before you go through the metal detector.
• Remove laptop computers from their cases and place them in a bin.
• Keep other electronic equipment in your carry-on baggage.
Additional travel tips can be found online at catsa.gc.ca, or mobile at m.catsa.gc.ca. You can also follow the organization on Twitter, @catsa_gc.
Word count: 248
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «80447H.jpg»