Tips for maintaining health through cold and flu season
(NC)—Cold and flu are common seasonal illnesses that can spread easily from person to person. The following tips will help you to feel your best this season:
• Wash hands often – viruses can land on surfaces like doorknobs. Always remember to wash your hands, especially before eating, using the restroom or after being outside. Use soap and warm water for 20 seconds and dry hands completely.
• Get a Flu shot – the influenza virus can spread easily and changes from year to year, which is why there is a new vaccine each year to help protect people.
• Use a tissue – be sure to cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. One sneeze can spray up to 3,000 infectious droplets into the air. Kleenex brand tissues have Sneeze Shield, a special protective layer in each tissue to help keep stuff off hands.
• Lots of sleep – the more sleep you can get the better since a good night sleep helps your immune system stay strong.
• Maximize fluids – drinking lots of water is a proven way to strengthen your immune system and helps you “flush” your body clean so plenty of fluids are needed.
• Stay healthy – proper nutrition and exercise help strengthen your immune system.
• Stay home – if you are sick, stay home to help stop the spread of germs and viruses
In order to stay healthy this cold and flu season follow the above tips and help reduce the spread of viruses and germs. For more tips visit Kleenex.com.
Word count: 259
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.