Brie and Hazelnut Stuffed Mushrooms
by Kath of Kath Eats Real Food
12 crimini mushrooms, washed and dried
24 whole hazelnuts plus 1 tbsp crushed hazelnuts
2-3 oz triple cream brie cheese
1/4 cup dried cranberries or mixed dried berries
2tbsp hazelnut oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Remove stem from mushrooms by cutting around and twisting off.
3. Pour hazelnut oil into a mixing bowl and add mushrooms. Toss to evenly coat.
4. Place mushrooms stemless side down onto baking sheet. Place in oven for about 3 minutes.
5. Remove mushrooms from oven and turn over. (If your mushrooms are particularly watery, you may need to pat sheet dry or use a clean baking sheet).
6. Add 1-2 whole hazelnuts to the bowl, depending on mushroom size.
7. Top with 1-2 half-inch, thin slices of brie.
8. Top with cranberries.
9. Mix rosemary and salt evenly and sprinkle over mushrooms.
10. Return to oven for additional 5 minutes baking, depending on mushroom size.
11. You may wish to rest on paper towel for a moment to absorb moisture.
For more mushroom recipes visit mushrooms.ca
Word count: 200
Attention editors: This article is for distribution in Ontario only
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «79053H.jpg»