Boost your business bank account through direct deposit
(NC)—The federal government is phasing out cheques as a method of payment in an eco-friendly, $17.4 million a year cost-cutting move that will see Canadian businesses benefit greatly. Businesses wanting to get paid faster and receive payments such as tax refunds, rebates and accounts receivable quickly, securely and without the hassle of waiting for cheques to arrive in the mail, can sign up for direct deposit by contacting the department they do business.
Of the 272 million or so payments currently issued to all Canadians for things such as GST/HST rebates, tax refunds, Child Tax Benefit and Canada Pension Plan, 80 percent are issued electronically. Ottawa hopes to convert the remaining 20 percent before the deadline of April 2016. Individuals can enroll in direct deposit online by calling 1-800-O-Canada.
Word count: 138
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «79010H.jpg»