How to choose an electric fireplace
(NC)—The simple idea of a cold fall night leads to thoughts of cozying up in front of a toasty-warm crackling fire, but wait… you don't have a fireplace. And the price to install one is enough to terminate the dream. Fortunately, for a fraction of the cost of both the traditional and gas units, home dwellers can count on electric fireplaces as an option. With no mess, maintenance or fuss, choosing the right fireplace is just a few steps away.
• Determine where you would like to position the fireplace, keeping in mind, it's typically the focal point of a room.
• Carefully, consider your space and find something to suit the decor. Think of the style, scale, colour and the type of unit that will be ideal in the space. Is your décor modern or traditional? Do you have space on the floor for a mantel or does it need to hang on the wall? There are a multitude of options for inserts, mantels, wall-mounts and console units.
• Look for innovative fireplaces that encompass everything on your checklist and offer a superior flame and warmth. The Dimplex choices, for example, will give you a realistic flame and are known to operate for pennies an hour. Take a look at the options at dimplex.com.
• Electric units are simply plug-and-play, but make sure you have an outlet within reach and shop for units that use lower wattage. Some units draw less power than a hairdryer.
• Go shopping.
• Open the box, plug it in, and enjoy the warmth.
Word count 261
Articles are provided free of charge. Articles appearing on web sites, must credit www.newscanada.com. Articles appearing in Print, must credit News Canada with (NC) at beginning of an article or – News Canada at the end. Any source/sponsor of the information quoted in the text must also be identified as presented. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada articles constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Image Instructions - Note: Illegal to use without News Canada editorial.
To open/download image(s) used in this article, please click the following links:Click here for image file: «78948H.jpg»