Travel tips for 2023
(NC) If you’re daydreaming about a getaway this year, consider these five tips from Ontario’s travel regulator:
- Be flexible. Expect the unexpected. Even after booking, stay up to date with what’s happening in your destination and be sure to confirm the status of any flights ahead of time.
- Choose the right type of insurance. It’s critical to know what your travel cancellation, interruption and medical insurance will and won’t cover. You may want to consider additional insurance beyond what’s covered through your group benefits or credit cards.
- Do a document check. If travelling internationally, is your passport valid? Do you have copies of your itinerary and insurance policy? Does the destination you’re travelling to require any additional documentation, visas, vaccinations, etc.?
- Pack carefully. Be sure to pack any medication, valuables and important documents in your carry-on luggage in case your checked baggage is delayed. Include a luggage tag on the outside of your checked suitcase, but also consider adding a printout with your name and contact information on the inside in case the outside tag is torn or damaged.
- Book with a registered travel agency or website. The Travel Industry Council of Ontario is Ontario’s travel regulator, overseeing all travel agencies and booking websites located in the province. With ever-changing travel requirements and conditions, booking with a registered travel agency or website will help ensure all your t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted as you plan your trip. Find more information at tico.ca.
Attention Editors: This content is reserved for distribution in Ontario only.
Media Attachments Related Posts
All News Canada content is provided free of charge. Any source/sponsor of the information must also be identified as presented. For articles, credit of usage must be attributed to News Canada with "(NC)" at the beginning of an article or "www.newscanada.com" or "– News Canada" at the end. Images are only to be used with corresponding editorial copy. Usage of News Canada content constitutes your acceptance of these terms and an agreement between you and News Canada.
Disclaimer: Comments and opinions in News Canada content are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed do not necessarily represent the views of News Canada Inc., its management or employees. News Canada Inc. is not responsible, and disclaims any and all liability, for the content of comments provided by contributors.